Purpose of the Job:
• To achieve vehicle sales and profit targets, and vehicle related service objectives by providing premier customer service and consultation.
• To sell cars and achieve profit targets.
• To handle all customer enquiries and vehicle related service objectives by providing premium customer service.
• To have strong product knowledge and speak confidently and effectively to existing and potential customers about our cars.
• To prospect new customers and to maintain positive relationships with existing customers with strong communication skills.
• The position is primarily a field based position and it is anticipated that the majority of time will be spend away from the dealership.
• Work with the Corporate Sales Manager to identify business opportunities currently not being developed.
• To prepare and use a planned sales presentation, designed to achieve maximum results from available sales opportunities. Including: customer greeting; qualifying; handling objections; product presentation and demonstrations; closing and delivery; and finance.
• To develop and use Customer Follow-Up and Prospecting systems designed to create additional sales opportunities for repeat or new business. Further more, to contribute to achievement of maximum customer retention through the above and effective delivery and handover of vehicles.
• Develop and use a planned daily, weekly and monthly sales call programme, as agreed with the Corporate Sales Manager.
• Develop and maintain a full knowledge of all products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
• Handle all customer queries and complaints and ensure they are resolved to achieve customer and company requirements. Advise Corporate Sales Manager where necessary and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
• Provide reports as required on all sales activities including follow-up, prospecting, sales presentations, new clients, etc. to ensure accurate sales forecasts where possible.
• Maintain adequate records of all sales activities and personal expenses. Ensure the completion of all sale and financial paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure the completion of sale in a satisfactory manner.
• Carry out accurate Appraisals of all vehicles presented for part exchange, using a systematic appraisal record, including mechanical, electrical and all cosmetic features. Agree valuations with the Wollaston Underwriting Team and complete satisfactory negotiations with potential customers to maximise sales.
• Maintain all demonstrators supplied for personal use in clean and tidy condition at all times, suitable for their use as Customer Demonstration cars.
• To ensure that all vehicle movements off site are correctly recorded
• Ensure that the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained
• Alert Corporate Sales Manager to any problematic situations
• Adhere to all company security procedures
• To ensure all QMA quality processes and standards are maintained
• Liaise with other department staff, company management and manufacturer
Limits of Authority:
• Not to supply car valuations to customers without the agreement of the Corporate Sales Manager / Underwriting Team
• Not to enter any purchase or sale contracts without the approval of the New Car Sales Manager / Underwriting Team
• Proven excellent customer service skills and likes to work with people.
• Proven Sales skills or experience.
• Enjoys working in a high pressured environment.
• Enjoys working to and can achieve challenging targets.
• Able to take initiative and ownership of issues; is proactive, has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Able to work independently.
• Able to multi-task and switch quickly between tasks.
• Willingness to learn and develop, and keep up-to-date with complex/ technical/product information.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Strong people/ communication skills.
• Is a team player. Offers help and support to others.
• Full valid UK driving licence
• Eligibility to work in the UK
Remuneration and Benefits:
• Up to £20k plus, Commission/Bonus
• 22 days holidays, pension contribution, training and development
• Working hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 6:00pm